Hello, world! I'm Maki.
Since November I started being a housewife.
I was an English teacher for kids in Japan. But I quit my job because
I found out I'm with a baby. Now I have much more time to think about my life,
my future. I don't want to let it just go. I realized I need a place to share
my thoughts and feelings. This is why I opened up this blog. One day, maybe after
some month or years, I'll come back to this article and see my past. What do
you feel, future me? Ha ha, it's fun!
Do you like cleaning a bathroom?
Oh please don’t ask. I definitely don’t.
Though there’re a lot to do for housewives, cleaning a bathroom is
the most annoying task for me. I want to ask all the housewives. How do you
motivate yourself when you clean a bathroom? If you have any good idea, please
share that with me!!
Today was the day. I made it a rule to
clean a bathroom on Wednesday. Because in Japanese “Wednesday” is called “sui-youbi”
and “sui” means “water.” I think it’s better to use water on Wednesday.
This morning I really didn’t want to clean the
bath room at all. But I managed to motivate myself. I completed the mission! Here’s
what I tried this morning. I want to note this method. It took only 3 minutes.
10:00 am
Accept my feeling
My husband left home. I knew what I have to
do today. It’s the cleaning day. But I didn’t feel like doing it. So I sat on
the chair and accepted my feeling. “Yeah, it’s okay to hate it, no one likes it.”
I took a breath.
10:01 am
Remember Why
Then I asked myself, “Why do you want to
clean the bathroom?” I remembered what I saw during taking a bath last night. I
found a little stain under the shelf. I didn’t like it. I thought I would wash
it off tomorrow.
10:02 am
Imagine the Furure
I’m going to take a bath tonight, too. I
imagined how I feel if I left the stain….oh, no. I was pretty sure that I would
blame myself. A bad day. No, no, no!! Then I imagined how I feel if I clean it
up…..I would be proud of myself! I’d be happier than yesterday! I stood up and
started cleaning the bathroom.
Now I’m finished cleaning and writing this
article. I feel pretty good!
Looking at these 3-min steps, I see 3
things: the present, the past and the future.
On the first step, I accepted what I felt
at the moment. (the present)
Second, I remembered what I had thought
last night. (the past)
Last, I imagined what I would feel in the
future. (the future)
It’s really hard to control myself. But I
found one way to do it.
Next time I’ll try this method again. I’m
not sure if it’ll work, though!
But it’s good to control myself. That makes
me happier and makes my life nicer.
Now I’m looking forward to enjoy bath time
tonight.
Thank you for reading:)

No comments:
Post a Comment